The Ultimate Smoked Salmon SandwichYum
There are a few things in life that brighten up any day. One of those things is a great sandwich.
A great sandwich is an art-form. Totally individual to every person. I decided to share one of my favourites with you. This sandwich alone gets me through a particularly tough day at work (is there anything like the anticipation when you packed yourself an extra-special lunch?). I love love love smoked salmon, so it was a natural choice for my ultimate lunchtime treat.
Combine smoked salmon with cream cheese, cucumber ribbons, red onion, rocket (arugula), and a touch of mayo – life doesn’t get much better!
I used Ciabatta bread for this sambo. With plenty cream cheese (because why not?). I love using the cucumber ribbons (made by peeling the cucumber with a vegetable peeler) for this sandwich. It adds a lovely crunch, but is far more delicate than big slices of cucumber. This sandwich is all about finesse. Until your eating. Then it’s just pure stuff-your-face-at-your-desk lunchtime goodness!
Now I’m not going to suggest that you need a recipe to make a sandwich (if you do, review your life please!), all I’m doing is suggesting the perfect one. Well, pretty close to perfect. This is great to pack into a picnic over the summer months, or just for a mid-day treat.
- Half a Ciabatta Loaf (enough for one person)
- 3 slices smoked salmon
- Cucumber Ribbons
- A few very thin slices red onion
- Cream Cheese
- 2 tbsp mayonaisse
- Black Pepper
- A small squeeze lemon juice
- A handful of rocket
- Cut the ciabatta in half.
- Spread a good layer of the cream cheese on one half.
- Spread the thin slices of red onion on top.
- Layer the smoked salmon over the cream cheese and onion, and sprinkle wish black pepper and the lemon juice.
- Using a vegetable peeler, peel slices off of a cucumber into thin ribbons.
- Layer these ribbons delicately on top of the smoked salmon.
- Add the handful of rocket on top.
- Spread the mayo on the other half of the ciabatta, and place on top of the rocket.
- Stuff your face!