Every year, Dublin has a wonderful craft fair that takes place over a few days. I spend those few days residing in the food section, as any sensible person would. It was here that I discovered something fantastic. Something I surprisingly use extremely regularly, just because it’s so darn tasty.
I’ve always been a fan of balsamic vinegars, but when I came across Wildwood Vinegar’s Raspberry Balsamic Vinegar, I was just blown away.
It’s sweet, it’s acidic, it’s thick and luscious, and it’s oh-so-delicious. I substitute this for chutney with a nice piece of cheese. It absolutely transforms salads, which is handy because salads can often run the risk of being boring. Well, never again.
While you can use a regular balsamic vinegar here, why not try something flavoured? It can add so much, transforming a standard dish into something really special.
- 6 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 tbsp Raspberry Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 1tsp honey
- Combine all ingredients in a bottle or mason jar.
- Close, and shake vigorously until ingredients are completely combined.
- Beetroot Carpaccio & Rainbow Root Salad | Recipe - Sauce Pots - […] paired with some creamy goats cheese, baby leaves, and raspberry balsamic vinegar. Perfect! My Raspberry Vinaigrette would also work…