Rainbow Rice SaladYum
To some, salads are all leaves and veggies, which is all fine and good. But to me, salads are a collection of things throw together (pizza salad anyone..?). So salad is open to interpretation. As such, I present to you Rainbow Rice Salad. A lovely, fresh, crunchy salad with a zingy balsamic dressing; Fabulous!
I’m not one to lie about my little cheats, so I’ll admit I used microwave rice for this. It’s great to cut down on time, and it never turns to mush if you’re not a great rice cooker! It keeps a lovely crunch, and it’s ready to go in 2 minutes! Be sure you allow it to cool before adding it to the salad – you want the veggies to stay fresh and crunchy.
I just love the wholegrain mustard in this too, so I add a touch more than the recipe specifies (which you’re welcome to do too of course!). That’s a personal taste thing though. This is a lovely, crowd-friendly dish though, full of colour and flavour. I added about half a green chilli to this, but it wasn’t a particularly spicy one. Still, a little bit of spicy zing works well in this dish.
Add the rocket just before serving so it’s not wilted by the time people are eating; there’s nothing worse than soggy rocket in a salad!
- 500g cooked wholegrain rice
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 4 spring onions (green onions)
- One green chilli (add however much suits your taste!)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced.
- A handful of Coriander
- A handful of Parsley
- A handful of Rocket (Arugula)
- A good squeeze of lemon juice
- 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 tsp honey
- For the salad, dice the peppers, finely slice the spring onions, and finely chop the coriander and parsley.
- Add these ingredients to a large bowl with the minced garlic. Season with a little salt & pepper.
- Pour in the cooked wholegrain rice, and stir well.
- To make the dressing, combine all ingredients in a bowl and whisk until combined.
- Just before serving, stir the rocket through the salad, add the dressing, and toss until combined.
- Serve alongside a great big BBQ surrounded by friends and family!
- 44 Saucy BBQ Recipes & Ideas DIY Projects & Creative Crafts – How To Make Everything Homemade - DIY Projects & Creative Crafts – How To Make Everything Homemade - […] via Sauce Pots […]
- 44 Saucy BBQ Recipes & Ideas for Creative Kitchens - DIYJane - […] via Sauce Pots […]