Classic Pico de GalloYum
Everyone needs a solid recipe for Pico de Gallo. It’s a great, fresh addition to any dish. Use fresh, ripe produce and this is guaranteed to be great every time!
It’s so quick and easy to put this together. I use spring onion (or green onions as they’re also known) for this to keep things really light and fresh.
I use this with my Huevos Rancheros Burritos, or just as a treat with some tortilla chips! It’ll go well with most mexican dishes so it’s a great side to have ready to go!
- 4 medium fresh Tomatoes
- 1 Clove Garlic (minced)
- 1 Spring Onion
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- A few sprigs Coriander
- One green or red Chilli
- Sea Salt
- Black Pepper
- A drizzle of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Chop up the tomatoes into small cubes and throw them into a bowl.
- Finely chop up the spring onion, chilli (as much as you're comfortable adding!), and coriander (stalks and leaves).
- To the bowl, add the spring onion, garlic, coriander, chilli, lime juice, seal salt and black pepper. Mix, taste, and season a little more if required.
- Drizzle over a little olive oil just before serving.