Passion Rhubarb FizzYum
It’s the weekend, and that means it’s time for cocktails with the girls.
Presenting the Rhubarb Passion Fizz, an absolutely delectable concoction of fresh passion fruit, rhubarb syrup, lime, vodka and prosecco: Perfection!
Can you imagine the delight of your friends when you serve up a few of these? What a weekend treat! The only gear you’ll need for this is a cocktail shaker, which makes things nice and simple.
I used my Rhubarb Syrup for this cocktail. It’s ideal as it adds all the sweetness you need, with a good fruity kick. This isn’t an overly sweet cocktail. It’s tart, it’s fresh, and it’s fizzy: it doesn’t need the sugar! One of these and you’ll be ready for a night on the town!
- 2 measures vodka
- 2 measure rhubarb syrup
- 1 measure lime juice
- 3 passion fruits
- Fill your martini glasses with ice and leave in the fridge to chill as you mix the cocktail.
- To a cocktail shaker, add icecubes, the vodka, the syrup, lime juice, and the seeds and juice of 2 passion fruits.
- Firmly press on the top and shake until the outside is frosted.
- Take out the martini glasses and remove the ice cubes.
- Pour the liquid through a strainer into the glasses around halfway to the top.
- Top up with cold prosecco.
- Cut the remaining passion fruit in half, and use them to garnish each glass by placing them, cut side up, gently in the centre on each glass where they'll float.
- Serve and enjoy!