Easy Veggie DippersYum
This is a recipe designed specifically for the people of the world who are short on time (particularly those with kids, as these are very kid friendly). These veggie dippers are so quick and easy because they use ready-made veggie burgers. The trick is to use the good stuff. No preservatives, chemicals, or nasty stuff. I used Dee’s Organic Omega Burger which is free of all artificial additives and totally organic. It’s no use replacing meat for something that’s full of bad stuff anyway, is it?
If you’re up for more of a challenge (and a more time-consuming effort), you can use the patties of my Perfect Sweet Potato Bean Burgers for this either. Just slice them after baking and cooling, and you’re good to go!
These are great for dipping, really crunchy, and as such, great for kids! Plus, when you use a high-quality veggie burgers, you can sneak in loads of those veggies, seeds, and good stuff that might be harder to feed them on other days.
So grab your panko breadcrumbs and your burgers, and get dipping! These are very more-ish. So much so that you’ll make them once for kids, and plenty times more for yourself!
- Dee's Organic Omega Burger Patty (1 per person)
- 150g panko bread crumbs
- 1 free range egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- Pinch of sea salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180C/355F
- Slice the burger patty into thick strips. One patty should make 5 strips.
- In another bowl, add the beaten egg.
- To another, the breadcrumbs, spices, sea salt and pepper. Mix to combine.
- Dip each slice of burger carefully into the beaten egg, turning it to coat.
- Place each strip then into the breadcrumbs, turning to coat until each slide of each strip is covered in the crumb mixture.
- Place each strip on a baking sheet lined with greaseproof paper.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the breadcrumbs are golden and crispy and the burger fully cooked.
- Serve with whatever dipping sauce and sides you like!