Creme Patissiere is a must of every baker’s recipe book. It’s creamy, sweet, and perfect for a variety of desserts. This is one recipe that everyone should be able to make. Plus, it’s a quick and easy way to get dessert on the table.
And who are we to argue with a staple of France’s pastry tradition?
There’s nothing I love more than a creamy, thick Patissiere, flecked with spots of real vanilla. As a vanilla lover, the more, the better.
It’s great for a quick, easy, and delicious dessert that’s ready in seconds. Serve your Creme Patissiere in other recipes, with some poached pears, to make a fruit tart, or a Creme Brulée. You can have it in the fridge, ready to go a day or two in advance. Perfect!
- 4 egg yolks
- 60g caster sugar
- 25g plain flour
- 2 tsp corn flour
- 270mls whole milk
- 1 vanilla pod
- Beat together the egg yolks and sugar until pale and fluffy.
- Whisk in the plain flour and corn flour.
- In a saucepan, heat the milk until just below boiling.
- Split the vanilla pod in half and place in the milk, allowing to infuse for a few minutes.
- Once infused, remove the pods and scrape out the caviar.
- Whisk the caviar back into the milk.
- Ensuring the milk is hot, whisk the milk slowly into the egg mixture.