Creamy Overnight OatmealYum
Cold mornings are the perfect time for creamy, nutty oatmeal. It’s perfect for getting you through ’til lunch, and it’s wholemeal and full of fibre. This is an overnight recipe, so you can throw it together the night before, leave it overnight, and it’s ready to go in the morning for brekkie. Easy Peasy!
Like all my favourite recipes, it’s customisable too! I’ve put all my favourite ingredients into this, but you can really chop and change to what suits you! I flavour the oatmeal with a little brown sugar and cinnamon, and then top it with my Maple Morning Granola, which is full of Hazelnuts, dried blueberries and sunflower seeds, and sweetened with maple syrup.
Overnight oatmeal is good during the summer too. As it’s refrigerated overnight, just eat it cold to get you going on those warm summer mornings, or microwave it during the winter for a warm, comforting breakfast!
Aside from the Morning Maple Granola, some of my favourite toppings include banana, natural yoghurt, honey, and blueberry compote, but the world is your oyster when it comes to customising your oatmeal!
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup milk (whole, skim, or vegan alternative)
- 1 tbsp light brown sugar
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp sunflower seeds
- A pinch of cinnamon
- Mix all the ingredients together in a mason jar.
- Shake to combine.
- Leave overnight in the fridge.
- In the morning, transfer to a bowl, top with whatever you fancy!
- I use a lot of milk because I love a slightly looser texture for the oatmeal. If you prefer it thicker, use equal parts oats and milk.