Cheesy Bruschetta BitesYum
I love Bruschetta. If it’s on the menu, you can be guaranteed I’ll order it. But it also makes a great lunch, or in this case, great nibbles!
I don’t know about you, but for me, no gathering (be it party, reunion, meeting, or whatever) is complete without good nibbles. The mixture here of crispy, crusty bread, melted mozzarella, and fresh tomatoes tossed in herbs and garlic make the ultimate nibble – bruschetta in one easy bite!
If I’m ever having a party or having friends around, I like to make an effort with what I serve – particularly if they know you’re a food blogger! I mean, you gotta keep up appearances, right?
The best nibbles come on sticks or are clean and easy to pick up. That’s why these guys are great. The slice of crispy bread makes a great vessel for cheese and tomatoes – just don’t overload them with tomatoes or there’ll be spillage!
You can, of course, make a larger version of this for lunch or a quick dinner. Bite size form is just cuter. Alternatively, make lots of bite-size ones and just eat them all on your own.
Not that I’d know anything about that…
- 1 midi baguette (variety of your choosing)
- 12 tsp basil pesto + 1 tbsp for the tomatoes
- 2 large, ripe tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic, very finely minced
- 1 ball fresh mozzarella
- Sea Salt
- Black Pepper
- Freshly grated parmesan
- Preheat your oven to 200C/390F.
- Slice the baguette into 1/2 inch oval slices.
- Spread a tsp of pesto over each slice.
- Slice your mozzarella and lay a slice over each piece of bread.
- Place the slices onto a baking tray and bake in the preheated over for 5 minutes.
- Dice the tomatoes, and toss in a bowl with the tbsp of pesto. Season with sea salt & black pepper.
- When the bread is crisp and the cheese bubbling and browning, remove the slices from the oven.
- Top with the tomato mixture, sprinkling a little grated parmesan over the top of each slice.
- Serve and enjoy!
- 10 Seriously Healthy Dishes You Can Make In 10 Minutes Or Less | Stellar - […] Alice from Sauce Pots was our inspiration for this recipe. It’s quick, requires little time or effort and is…